Alderman Lona Lane and S&S Development NFP to Host Free “Save Your Home” Foreclosure Prevention Workshop in Greater Ashburn Community on 8/10
CHICAGO, IL – On Saturday, August 10, 2013 from 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m., Alderman Lona Lane (18th Ward) and S&S Development NFP will sponsor a “Save Your Home” foreclosure prevention workshop at the Monument of Faith Evangelistic Church, located at 2750 West Columbus Avenue. This free event, which is open to the public, will provide homeowners an opportunity to have private, one-on-one counseling sessions with HUD certified counselors and one-on-one consultations with community lenders Chase and Wells Fargo, to discuss financial options. Attendees will also receive helpful information on legal rights; mortgage refinancing; local and federal programs to prevent foreclosure; credit counseling; and avoiding scam artists.
Babajide Sobamowo, Executive Director & Founder of S&S Development NFP (SSD), will serve as the workshop facilitator. Established in 2004, SSD is a non-profit, HUD-approved housing counseling organization, committed to empowering families and strengthening urban communities. SSD services over 1400 families annually—within the Englewood, West Englewood, Auburn Gresham, and Ashburn communities—through the SSD Uplifting Communities program. This comprehensive program provides free group workshops and one-on-one counseling sessions that encompass financial literacy, homebuyer education, mortgage delinquency, utility assistance, rental assistance, job readiness, and homeowners’ & renters’ rights. Its office is located at 8140 S. Kedzie Avenue. Office hours are Monday-Friday, from 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. and walk-ins are welcome.
All homeowners who would like to participate in this event should bring copies of the following:
- Proof of income (last 30 days paystubs, disability, pension, social security, death benefits, public assistance, alimony, child support, or unemployment)
- A letter explaining the reason for the delinquency and current financials (hardship)
- Your most recent bank statements for the last 60 days (include all pages)
- 2011 & 2012 tax returns, including all schedules and W2(s)
- If self-employed, the most recent tax returns and an updated profit & loss statement for the last 12 months
- Recent utility bill and list of income and monthly expenses
- If applicable, current mortgage statements; divorce decree; quick claim deeds; death certificate
This workshop is designed to help Illinois residents stay in their homes. Homeowners should call (773) 424-0267 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to RSVP for this free event. Light refreshments will be served. For more information about SSD and its services, please visit www.ssdevelopment.org.
# # #